Need a root canal? Our dentist at 5000 Yonge Dental will perform a root canal procedure in order to save the tooth.
What is root canal therapy?
Root canal therapy is needed when the nerve of a tooth is affected by decay or infection.
In order to save the tooth, the pulp (the living tissue inside the tooth), nerves, bacteria, and any decay are removed and the resulting space is filled with special medicated dental materials, which restore the tooth to its full function.
Root Canal in North York: When might I need one?
- An abscess on the gums
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Severe toothache pain
- Sometimes no symptoms are present
- Swelling and/or tenderness
What Are The Reasons For Root Canals?
- Decay has reached the tooth pulp (the living tissue inside the tooth)
- Infection or abscess have developed inside the tooth or at the root
- Injury or trauma to the tooth